Friday, 19 August 2016

Who can work in the United States?

          The United States welcomes thousands of foreign workers in multiple occupations or employment categories every year. All foreign workers must get an official permission to work legally in the United States. Each employment category for admission has different requirements, conditions and authorized periods of stay. It is crucial that you stick to the terms of your application or petition for admission and visa. Any violation can result in removal or denial of re-entry into the United States.
Temporary (Non-immigrant) Worker.
         Temporary worker is an individual seeking to enter the United States temporarily for a specific purpose. Nonimmigrants enter the United States for a temporary period of time, and once in the United States, are restricted to the activity or reason for which their nonimmigrant visa was issued.
Permanent (Immigrant) Worker.
          A permanent worker is an individual who is authorized to live and work permanently in the United States.
Students and Exchange Visitors.
          Students and exchange visitors may, under certain circumstances, be allowed to work in the United States. They must obtain permission from an authorized official at their school. The authorized official is known as a Designed School Official (DSO) for students and the Responsible Officer (RO) for exchange visitors.
Temporary Visitors for Business.
           To visit the United States for business purposes you will need to obtain a visa as a temporary visitor for business (B-1 visa), unless you qualify for admission without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program. For more information on the topics above, select the category related to your situation to the left.
            About the author - PROVE (Professional Registry Of Verified Employees) is a new labor oriented service promoted by National Organization for Software and Technology Professionals (NOSTOPS). PROVE the open registry helps fill in the gap information that the Indian Knowledge worker heading abroad face when it comes to knowing their Rights, with Employment verification and agreement, and Visa policy updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment